The barbershop art form was introduced to Western Australia in 1980. By 1984, the number of singers had grown from five to more than 20 and the Perth Harmony Chorus chapter of Sweet Adelines International was chartered.
From the outset, the aim of Perth Harmony has been to strive for excellence in the barbershop singing style and over the past 30 years we have gained a reputation for excellence in performance and ongoing singer education.
Australia currently has more than 30 chartered choruses and, since winning their first medal in 1990, Perth Harmony Chorus has been a regular medal winner.
- 2016 Regional (Wollongong) GOLD
- 2013 Regional (Perth) - GOLD
- 2012 Regional (Canberra) - SILVER
- 2010 Regional (Mandurah) - GOLD
- 2007 Regional (Brisbane) - GOLD
- 2004 Regional (Adelaide) - GOLD
- 2002 Regional (Wollongong) - GOLD
- 2000 Regional (Perth) - GOLD
- 1998 Regional (Adelaide) - GOLD
- 1996 Regional (Gold Coast) - SILVER
- 1994 Regional (Sydney) - GOLD
- 1992 Regional (Perth) - SILVER
- 1990 Regional (Geelong) - SILVER